Team Urban: Pakistani talented student’s from GIKI Institude made a fuel efficient vehicle.
Pakistani talented student’s from Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute (GIKI) made a fuel efficient car.
Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute is a private education institute. GIKI institute located at Topi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and its primary campus located at Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. ‘Team Urban’ is a team from GIKI institute, work on the fuel efficient vehicle from the years. Now they finally created an amazing vehicle.
The team urban has also passed his vehicle inspection at Shell Eco-Marathon. With their efforts, plannings and changes, they participated at SEM event 2017. The Team Urban first designed his vehicle in 2013. But unfortunately the event in Malaysia was cancelled and due to some financial issue, they did not vamp their vehicle at the event of Malaysia.
They revamped his vehicle at SEM event 2016. They also secured the seventh position at the event and made record mileage of 57.2 km/litre at the event. Now they want to improve their vehicle and want to secure the position in the top three teams.
Here are the complete specifications of the fuel efficient vehicle::
- Body design according to the rulebook.
- Door: 68 x 80cm
- Windows (acrylic)
- Windshield: Plexiglas with wiper for wet-weather running.
- Tires and wheels
- Diameter: 57 cm (22.5 in – required 15-17 in)
- Rim: 18in
- Tire width: 88mm (req. 80mm)
- Tire tread: 4mm
- Towing Hook according to rulebook
- Driver Compartment: 130×105 cm
- Seat H57 x W36 x L52 cm
- Steering Wheel 33cm (req. 25cm)
- Instrumentation Panel: Speedometer (180km/hr.), fuel gauge, beam lights,
- Shift controls: gear box on left-hand side of driver with handbrake
- Pedal area: 31.6 sq. cm (req. 25sq. cm)
The Body structure of the car
- Length : 240 cm
- Width: 127 cm
- Height: 115cm
- Wheelbase: 160cm
- Track width: 110cm (Front) 92cm (Rear)
- Ground clearance: 13cm
- Luggage: 51x20x41 cm
- Shell weight: 25kg approx.
- Overall: 130kg approx.